Monday 9 September 2019

Summer of Astrophotography

I managed to make it out a few times over the Summer, sometimes alone, sometimes with my ever-understanding family.
I've managed to get clear skies down on the South Coast of the UK and also a lovely night shoot on the Surrey Hills. This is the first time I've tried to capture the Milky Way from so close to home. I was worried the light pollution from the South Coast towns of Portsmouth and Southampton would kill any chance of seeing the MW, but the images turned out OK.

Milky Way over Birling Gap, Sussex. Foreground lit only by the moonlight from behind me

Milky Way over Birling Gap, Sussex. Foreground lit only by the moonlight from behind me

Perseid meteors over Surrey

A Lyrid meteor from earlier in the Summer over Lightwater, Surrey

Milky Way over Hope Gap, Sussex (Not pictured- family standing behind me, enjoying the peaceful night and watching shooting stars)

Milky Way over Holmbury Hill, Surrey

Milky Way over Holmbury Hill, Surrey (Not pictured- family huddled on the bench the other side of the monument!)

No comments:

Post a Comment