Friday 26 April 2019

Spring Evening... Sunsets and star trails

After a fairly cloudy, damp afternoon, it looked like a nice sunset might be on the cards, so I headed out to Guildford to a field of oil seed rape I'd scoped out with the kids a couple of days earlier.
The sunset didn't disappoint, and with my son for company, we both got some great shots of the sunset over the glorious yellow field...


Surrey sunset over a field of oil seed rape

Later that evening (around midnight), with a clear sky, I headed up to the top of Curley Hill to get a star trail shot. Really pleased with the outcome- based on 30mins of shooting before a torch started coming towards me along the ridge.

Stacked in StarStax, with a fair bit or Lightroom work to reduce the light pollution from Bagshot and the M3.


90 x 20sec shots @ ISO3200 (total of 30mins exposure). Light painting done on the plinth for just a second or so, using my head torch

No comments:

Post a Comment